Below is a copy of the letter that was sent home with your child today, Monday, October 24, 2016 - it is also attached.
October 24, 2016
Dear MSAP School Community:
Parents and guardians – thank you for your commitment to working with us to ensure a positive experience for our students during our September 11th Memorial Walk. Out students were exposed to a number of the sites that were important on that tragic day. Students had an opportunity to take in time to reflect during their visit to the two memorial pools and they spoke with school staff about their experiences on that day. This trip helped us to breathe life into an event so close to home that happened before our student body was born.
We have a few updates and reminders for you:
· Tuesday, October 25th :
o 5:30 pm will be our PTA Meeting
o 6pm we will conduct High School Workshops for all students, 6th, 7th and 8th. This is especially important for our 8th grade students. It is also an opportunity for our 6th and 7th grade families to get some information on the process so that they know what to expect in coming years. The workshops will be conducted according to need: 6th & 7th together and 8th separately. Both at 6 pm.
· Thursday, October 27th: Half Day for Student for Parent Teacher Conferences. Students will be released 11:20.
o Parent Teacher Conference Afternoon: 1-3 pm
o Parent Teacher Conference Evening: 5:30-8 pm
· Friday, October 28th: Will be our Halloween Celebration: Students may wear costumes to school on this day or dress in their uniform. During the Enrichment Program, we will have a school wide dance that all students will attend.
o please note that students who do not comply with the uniform code before this date may be excluded from participation on that day, in that case you will be notified by the dean.
· Monday, October 31st: No Sports and Arts After School Program – the staff will be at a meeting. Additionally, since students will have the opportunity to dress in costume on Friday, there will be no costumes allowed on the 31st. It will be a regular school day.
Additionally, this week and next, we will be participating in the relief efforts for the victims of Hurricane Matthew. We will be gathering much needed supplies to send to the areas devastated by the storm, in particular, Haiti. We ask that students bring in items from the list on the other side of this sheet. In addition, we are asking that parents bring up and item either during Tuesday’s High School Workshop or Thursday’s Parent Teacher Conference. As a school community, we believe in modeling appropriate behavior and helping those who may need our support.
List of items include:
· water purification tablets;
· Tylenol cold and flu medication adults and children;
· diarrhea medication for adult and children;
· vaginal/yeast infection creams;
· Insect repellents;
· dried canned foods;
· nutrition bars;
· cereal bars;
Thank you in advance for your cooperation and support. We look forward to continuing to work with you this school year. If you have any questions, please reach out.
Neil J. McNeill, Jr.
School News >